Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt said that it is vital that the Sri Lankan government investigates the incident.
He also said that the government must ensure that all are able to practice religion without fear.
After two days of tensions a solution had been reached on the Mosque issue yesterday (Sunday) and as part of that solution a bo-tree near an old Mosque in the area was cut down today.
The temporary Mosque which was attacked on Saturday is to be closed and the old Mosque in the area will operate once again.
The bo-tree was removed in order to give more space to the old Mosque.