Home » Breaking News » Attacks on Muslims will resume after Presidential Election – Mahesh Senanayake

Attacks on Muslims will resume after Presidential Election – Mahesh Senanayake

Former Army Commander Mahesh Senanayake, who is contesting the forthcoming presidential election, says that extremists forces backing a certain presidential candidate, would resume their campaign of vilification, harassment and attacks on Muslims after November 16.

Participating in a dialogue with civil society members in Colombo last week, Senanayake, a decorated soldier, said that attacks on Muslims which was a common feature prior to and after the April 21 Easter Sunday suicide bomb explosions, had ceased in August. The hiatus was due to a candidate who was the darling of extremists forces contesting the presidential polls. But they would, he predicted resume their campaign of hatred against the Muslims after November 16, regardless of whether their favourite candidate won or lost.

Asked by a member of the audience, if he could prove what he was saying, Senanayake replied “I am talking with a sense of responsibility. As Army Commander I headed the Intelligence Unit and I am still privy to certain developments.”

Author: TELO Admin