Attorney General Dappula De Livera has authorized the proscription of 11 Islamic Organizations connected to extremist activities, said State Counsel Nishara Jayaratne, the Coordinating Officer to the Attorney General.
The organizations are :
01. United Thowheeth Jama’ath – UTJ
02. Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – CTJ
03. Sri Lanka Thowheeth Jama’ath – SLTJ
04. All Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – ACTJ
05. Jamiyathul Ansaari Sunnathul Mohomadiya – JSM
06. Dharul Adhar @ Jamiul Adhar
07. Sri Lanka Islamic Student Movement – SLISM
08. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
10. Save the Pearls
11. Super Muslim
The move follows the Government’s decision in March to proscribe a number of Tamil diaspora groups, including some influential organizations based in the UK.
The Government also banned a number of individuals based in the UK, Germany, Italy, Malaysia and several other countries.